FREE Trainings on Supporting Adults with Dev Disab
The purpose of this workshop is to train staff employed in senior and long-term care agencies to best support individuals with developmental disabilities in accomplishing day-to-day tasks in order to be as independent as possible. A primary support that will be introduced will be structuring the environment, which in turn will make up for the internal disorganization and decrease the anxiety the individual is feeling.
• May 1st from 10:00-1:00 Juneau - Centennial Hall Convention Center - Trainer: Jennifer Schroeder
• May 7th from 10:00-1:00 Fairbanks - Noel Wien Library - Trainer: Krista James
• May 14th from 8:30-11:30 Anchorage - BP Energy Center - Trainer: Krista James
• May 14th from 10:00-1:00 Nome - Old St Joe's Church - Trainer: Jennifer Schroeder
• May 21st from 10:00-1:00 Wasilla - Menard Sports Facility - Trainer: Krista James
Appropriate for senior and disability service providers, care coordinators, families, adult service providers. Space is limited.
Please register online.
Please contact Kristen Foggie @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-334-1331 for more information.